My Life

My Life

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Coupon Crazy!!!

A couple of months ago, my neighbor asked me if I had heard of couponmom.com.... Well, I hadn't. Now, hundreds of coupons and several shopping trips later I think it's time to share what I've learned and some of my trips. Keep in mind that I'm still a newbie.

1. Multiple coupons for an item are needed to be able to stock up when something is on sale
2. Couponmom is a great site to get the best weekly deals... Others, like Money saving mom have good posts about freebies, etc.
3. Multiple trips are necessary to get the most deals... Difficult with young children! (WalMart and Target match some types of ads, but they don't multiply coupons, so not a solution)
4. In order to take advantage of clearance items or unexpected deals, you need to keep coupons on you (What nerd carries around a coupon binder!?! Um...)
5. Don't buy things just because you have a coupon! Sometimes store brand is still a better deal.
6. Kroger is great overall, but Albertsons and Tom Thumb have great deals and in ad coupons too!
7. CVS is much better than Walgreens in my experience. If you use your "walgreens dollars" to make a purchase, you cannot earn more walgreens dollars. At CVS, you can use your "Extra Bucks" and still earn more. ( And the employees are way more helpful!)
8.  This one I'm still learning... It's not worth being completely stressed out with your family to get every deal. Family first! (Although it's hard to resist freebies!)


04-17 Wal-Mart Trip... FREE!!!







Recent Target Trip... FREE!!! ( Bought more at kroger later with a great Spend $25, get $5 off your bill) Shayde is primarily breastfed, but moving towards formula, so I thought I should stock up! Worst case, I give them to a friend or charity.


I'm sure I'll think of more later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment