My Life

My Life

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Faith Album- Entry #1 "Blessings in the Trash" (don't judge me!)

I wanted to share something pretty cool that happened this morning....These things may all seem unrelated, but they intertwine....

1-Last night I was reading Heaven is for Real! by Todd Burpo about a little boy's trip to heaven while he was near death in surgery. I was struck by how much the little boy emphasized Jesus' love for children. His father said he talked about that one point "constantly"... to the point of being annoying about it!

2- Sean's beloved Cocoa bunny passed away recently. Very sad for him, but he's been a trooper. I still get sad when I walk by the space in the kitchen where his cage was. We named a beanie baby rabbit "Cocoa"  in his memory ;)

3- I've talked with Patrick about how therapeutic painting is for Sean and that he needs a designated space that is ready whenever he wants to paint without 15 minutes of set up by me! Well, this morning on the way to school, Sean was talking again about how much he enjoys his art class. He said he likes it more than music class, but he doesn't tell the music teacher because it would hurt her feelings. Awe!

4- Also this morning, I took a different path through our neighborhood to get home after dropping Sean at school. It's bulk trash day and I'm amazed at the things people throw away! There in someone's pile of "trash" was a child's art desk. Well, friends, this is not my first time to find a treasure in the trash (remember I said not to judge me!). Sean now has a new painting station.... And it fits just right in the spot where Cocoa's cage was!

As I was cleaning it and setting it up for him, I was thinking about how loved he's going to feel when he gets home from school today and sees it. Then I was struck by what I read last night and it occurred to me that there's someone who loves "my" little Sean more than I ever could.... Someone who also knows his momma loves a good find! Seriously, the God of the Universe cares about my kid. I was thinking about the "best mom in the world" comment that this may elicit from him when he sees it...and realized I need to point him to where this and all blessing truly come from. As Colton Burpo said over and over to his parents, "Jesus said he really, really loves the children!"

I hope this doesn't come off hokey and "churchy"... but I really wanted to share it. It's a great day when you directly feel the love of Jesus for you and your offspring!!!

** I'm going to put this pic in an album.... A Family Faith Album. Every time we see God's hand directly in our lives we will add it to the album. My hope is that it will strengthen our children's faith and be something to fall back on when they're older. I know it has already strengthened mine. :)

May you all find a blessing in the trash today! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment